1 - Beginner Beekeeping Course - 2020
Beginner Beekeeping Courses
If you have an interest in becoming a Beekeeper and would like to learn the steps to start a successful hobby or business then this is the course for you.
After this course you will have the knowledge to confidently start a bee hive and continue your journey to becoming a Bee Keeper.
Introduction to the Honey Bee and Bee Keeping
- Queen, Drone and Worker Bee Identification
Bee Hive Components
Bee Hive Placement
- How to handle Honey Bees and Frames of Brood
- How to introduce a Nucleus Hive to a Beehive
- Diseases, Medication overview
- Nutritional Requirements of the Honey Bee
- Maintaining a hive and getting it ready to thrive and grow.
- Saturday, February 29, 2020 from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm - FULL
- Saturday, March 7, 2020 from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm - FULL
- Saturday, March 21, 2020 from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm - 5 Spots
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm - 10 Spots
- Saturday, April 4, 2020 from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm - 4 Spots
- Saturday, April 18, 2020 from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm - FULL
- Saturday, April 25, 2020 from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm - FULL
- Saturday, May 2, 2020 from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm - FUL
- Saturday, May 9, 2020 from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm - FULL
- Saturday, May 23, 2019 from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm - 8 Spots
- Saturday, May 30, 2019 from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm - 9 Spots
This is a great present that any aspiring Beekeeper would love.
Course must be paid for to reserve your spot. Limited space is available. Sign up now before you miss out.
Due to the limited spaces available, refunds will not be given if you cancel or are a no show.
You must be 18 years of age or older to attend the course. Children 12 years or older may attend if accompanied by a parent. (Limited to 1 child per Adult).
We have limited space so please do not bring young children nor pets.
You may also be interested in our Honey Harvest, Medication, Winter Preparation Course. It is held in August and covers everything you need to know to get your bees ready to make it through and Ontario Winter.
You might also be interested in purchasing one of our Hive Kits prior to taking the course
You could also reserve a Nucleus Hive.