2 - Beekeeping Course - Honey Harvest, Medication, Winter Preparation
Fall Preparation Course Schedule
This is a hands on Beginner Beekeeping course.
This course is designed to teach you how to harvest Honey, Medicate your Bees and Prepare for Winter.
The Course will be held inside at the Shop. By now we all know what bees look like. We will be learning how to keep them alive through the winter.
The Course is broken down into 3 Sections:
We will cover the different methods of removing honey from the hive, extracting honey, filtering it, bottling it and Labeling Requirements.
We will discuss treatment options for our bees and Discuss Varroa Mite, Tracheal Mite, American Foul Brood and Nosema. We will discuss the ways to check for Mite levels and how to administer treatments to our hives.
Fall Feeding will be covered as well as wrapping and insulating your hives for winter. Hive placement and wind breaks will also be discussed as well as emergency winter feeding.
- Saturday, August 10, 2019 from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Only 14 Spaces Left
- Saturday, August 17, 2019 from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm - 15 Spaces Available
- Saturday, August 24, 2019 from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Only 11 Spaces Left
- Saturday, September 14, 2019 from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Only 13 Spaces Left
- Saturday, September 21, 2019 from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Only 10 Spaces Left
I have put the course as being 3 hours but I am available longer for questions and the Shop will be open for Attendees afterwards if you would like to purchase any Equipment or Supplies.
Book your spot today.
Course must be paid for to reserve your spot. Limited space is available. Sign up now before you miss out.
You must be 18 years of age or older to attend the course.